Saturday, December 27, 2008

Winter Break so far

It's only been around a week of break, and I am bored with still three weeks left. So here is some stuff I've been doing so far.

Snowboarding
First time snowboarding! Drove up to Northstar at Lake Tahoe for two days, where I took my first snowboarding lesson after seven years of not skiing. Getting up on the board is actually very tiring as I realized the next day. Despite this, I did manage to get on a ski lift to my first green hill and ride down a few times.


I looked something like this. No, really.

It was a lot funner and easier than I expected, almost like ice skating. Unfortunately our group had a bunch of uber pros, so I was very noob.


can you spot the noobs?

Caroling
First time caroling too! We actually did it on Christmas Day, instead of Christmas Eve... nonetheless, it was fun because I sang soprano, when I'm normally an alto. Some of the notes got a bit high for me... but at every house we hit, they stuffed us with various food items. Caroling for dinner is not a bad idea :D


what an awkward non-acapella formation.

Other than that, I've also been programming, practicing my cubing, and resisting sales. I want to go to the library soon and get some books maybe... any recommendations?

1 comment:

Chubbers said...

Get that humpty dumpty book. I hear its a classic.