Tuesday, July 28, 2009

EPIC.

SPOILER WARNING.

If you've known me for a while then you'll know that I used to be an avid Potter fan until the release of the book Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I even joined a Facebook group about how bad it was. But right now I won't go on about the numerous reasons why HBP was bad (ask me in person or see my livejournal for that), I'm going to say good stuff about the movie.

They basically took every ridiculous funny thing in the book (all the snogging, for one), and made it hilarious in the movie, which I greatly appreciated. Finally I can actually laugh at stuff they made funny intentionally (and not at how bad the movie is). Cormac was priceless! And of course, lovely lovely Luna is still my favorite movie character.


Adorable! Too bad it didn't roar though.

And how about these points:
-Michael Gambon finally produced a decent Dumbledore
-Tom Felton finally fulfilled his Draco potential (I quite liked the dark shadowy Room of Requirement scenes) Yes no one can be as awesome as fanon!Draco but Tom did a good job
-Dan Radcliffe is getting better and better at acting.
-Emma Watson. Enough said.

This movie is the perfect buildup for the double Deathly Hallows whammy. Relationships are set up and Horcrux story is introduced, not to mention accompanied with an amazing lake scene with appropriate EPIC music (think LOTR) and fantastically scary dead people. The ending was a little disappointing relative to the climax though. Harry and Hermione in a Deep Talk while Ron sits to the side? Meh.

Other minor disappointments:
-Ginny is still not as kick-ass as the books
-Bill/Fleur???? I want Clemence Posey back but it's not going to happen :(
-No amazingly beautiful and sad funeral scene in which everyone hooks up
-Alan Rickman as Snape was good but could have been so much better. Maybe show a little more emotion while being cold and showing none?
-Bellatrix was amazing but totally stole Cissy's lines. What happened to the "MY ONLY SON WAHHH" bit?
-Different Tom Riddle actor but this guy was good too.


Need moar evil plz. (haha I win Patrick roflcakes)

1 comment:

KP said...

daniel radcliffe is getting better at acting?