Thursday, March 5, 2009

5 Reasons why Canada is cool!


Americans are so silly! I've never said 'eh' once in my life.

1. People are nice
Everyone in Canada is nice! If you've seen How I Met Your Mother, you'll remember that nice Canadian people give out free donuts. Now I'm not a big fan of donuts, but anything free is good in my book.

I still remember when I first moved to the United States. I thought everyone carried guns around! This is how violent and scary the image of the American is to the rest of the world. I went to school, and people said mean things about each other! None of my friends in Canada called me stupid :( Here, my friends called me that like twice a day! (should've gotten better friends, but remember no one is nice) Canada is just such a peaceful happy friendly place!!

2. Everyone gets free health care
In Canada, everyone got a cool green card with their name and picture on it, and you can get free health care! Here, you have to go find some lousy hospital, and every time you go you have to pay $15!!?? In addition to membership fees of course.

Why would I pay $15 for some doctor to look at me for about fifteen minutes, and then give me a print-out sheet of what I should do? That's $1 a minute! $15 for some useless sheet of paper, and then I get a prescription for some like $20 medicine in a tiny bottle. I'd rather just ignore the searing pain in my joints :P

3. We get to eat cool stuff like maple syrup cookies and ketchup chips
If you haven't had any of these... it's so good! Granted, I think they have maple syrup cookies at Safeway, but they're so expensive! In Canada you can probably go to one of those maple syrup tree farm things and make your own cookies, using sap straight from the tree! I've never actually seen it done, but that's besides the point. Also, ketchup chips! Best flavor of chips. I haven't had any in eight years :P


These are so yummy you don't even know.

4. Metric System is the normal way to measure
When are Americans going to stop being so full of themselves, and conform to the rest of the word??? The weirdo retarded pounds/feet/inches system is just not as good as the metric system! It makes no sense! Why can't we count right like every other country? I've been here for eight years and I still can't remember those retarded numbers that convert feet to pounds to yards to whatevers, and in my experience the people around me don't know either.

5. Less people = less competition
So I think the comparison is, California has more people than all of Canada. But isn't that better? It's not as crowded, and you can actually see trees and big fields and other nature things. There's less competition for everything, which means you can win more at life. If you're smart, there are probably only ten other people as smart as you, whereas in the United States there are whole universities smarter than you (case in point: Berkeley). Not only that, but because there are more people in the United States, there are a lot more dumb people too. Wouldn't you rather live in a place where there's less people, but each one is smart and nice!


So with the above points, I think I've proved that Canada is a great country to live in. Stop making fun of it! Spell it right! :( As you can see from the first chart, only dumb Americans make fun of Canadians because of false stereotypes. We're cool nice people! 8)

5 comments:

victor said...

god damn canadia always up there being cold and shit

KP said...

you've ranted about this before, but the things you listed aren't necessarily unique to canada. the health care thing for example. i also think there should be a graph comparing how nice canadians really are vs how much canadians in america who are tired of the "meanness" of americans say how nice canadians are.

Chubbers said...

Too bad that half of Canada is frozen.

eleung said...

what are you talking aboot?

Anonymous said...

why don't we have ketchup chips here...