Friday, May 15, 2009

Style Evolving

So I recently read this brief article, and while at times I like to think I have my own "unique" "style," I think it makes sense to change it up according to who I'm with (or who I'm dating, in this case).

Because it's pretty natural to want to blend in with the group and dress accordingly. Not to perpetuate stereotypes, but last semester I had a computer science class right before an English class, and what my classmates wore were pretty different between the two (way more girls in English, for one).

And to address the couple transformation: guys are such good accessories for girls to have on their arm... wouldn't you want to kind of coordinate and match and look awesome together?

Example: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, the ultimate power couple. Looking fierce in black.

I'm not saying to be matchy-matchy (I mean you Stephanie... just kidding), but don't be so outlandishly different that you don't look good walking around together. I think you can fit in, but you can also stand out while doing so?

(but this does not mean going sweats and pajamas during finals season - ugh)