Thursday, February 19, 2009

why I don't (like to) compost

Those friendly green compost bins at our dining commons... yea I never really use them. At Crossroads sometimes I get peer-pressured into dumping my excess dinner into the huge bins, but at Cafe 3 I don't bother.

Because if they were really serious about not wasting food, the people working there would actually listen to you when you tell them you only want "A LITTLE BIT." Conversation Exchange I had yesterday at Crossroads:

Dining lady: rice and chicken?
Me: No rice! Just chicken
DL: *dumps rice on plate*
Me: No rice! No rice! ...awww damn it.
DL: *oblivious*

Maybe I should speak louder? Why do they always ask what you want, if they're just going to give you the same amount anyway? They always heap huge portions on my plate, and I can never finish it! Hence the extra food for compost, and hence my disinclination to compost.


stop your scooping movements!! I'm a small person and I don't need to eat moar!

5 comments:

victor said...

you're too quiet

Chubbers said...

I bet "Dining lady" just heard mousey squeaking sounds coming from you.

Jk. You made me roflcopter so hard I got dizzy :P

Fran said...

Hahaha.
AGREED!
But you should still compost for some "greater good" they convince us of.

Unknown said...

WRONG. I eat all they put on my plate, and "moar." It's for fat people like us that they do it!

And hey, you're almost like an actual blogger here! :D

Anonymous said...

that guy looks nice. don't yell at him.