Friday, April 17, 2009

5 Awesome Songs


music-related picture of a violin. Favorite violin concerto: Sibellius ^^

In the spirit of not being depressing, here are the top five of my favorite songs of all time. (As in right now) In no particular order:

1. Interpol - No I in Threesome
I had a friend in high school who was obsessed with Interpol. So after much consideration I finally downloaded some of their songs. They sat around in my iTunes for the longest time until one day, I started to really listen, loved their lyrics, and this one is my favorite. The song itself doesn't make much sense and is open to interpretation, but still yay!

2. Stars - Take Me to the Riot
This song was one of the first of many that my friend sent to me last year, after discovering we had similar musical tastes. Most songs tend to grow on me, but this one was love at first... listen? Since then, Stars (Canadian band too!) has become one of my favorite bands :)

3. Ne-yo - Because of You
Aww Ne-yo! I didn't really start liking this song until last year when I put on my friend's awesome headphones. This song was played, it was totally enveloping... I should get some cool headphones like those.

4. Asian Kung-fu Generation - Rewrite
This is from Fullmetal Alchemist love. Even though I have very little idea as to what all the lyrics mean, it reminds me of Ed and I love AKFG. Their songs have been used for a lot of anime opening sequences (Naruto, Bleach)... After Dark is one of them and I find the music video very entertaining.

5. The Postal Service - Nothing Better
A cute song I've liked since high school. The girl parts are so cute! FYI, the link above is not the actual music video. This one has survived a while... hehe.

Yea so I had to reformat my whole computer this week... I lost a lot of my music library. :( So now that I'm replenishing, your musical suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

jfly said...

Arcade Fire! They're Canadian, too. I saw them open for a David Byrne concert, and I've loved them ever since.

Anonymous said...

Bon Iver