Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eminem's We Made You



No one makes music videos like Eminem. Not even Britney Spears. I've listened to this song maybe 5-10 times, and I like it. Need to watch the video a few more times though.

So the first Eminem song I ever heard was Slim Shady, back in 5th grade. Granted, I did not understand most of it, but it was catchy and the content sounded funny. I don't really remember when I got over all the swearing and obscenities (maybe I only listened to the censored versions back then), but I do remember sneaking home one of his EPs from the library, despite my friend's disapproving comments. (inner rebel at a young age)

When his Encore album came out, I somehow persuaded my mom to buy it for me. She probably did not realize what the PARENT ADVISORY sticker meant... and I can be very persuasive >] Towards the end of middle school I knew most of the lyrics to Superman during 8th grade promotion (Superman at a middle school dance, srsly?), and in high school memorized ALL the lyrics to Just Lose It.

Since college, I haven't listened to Eminem as much (maybe because he hasn't had a new music video in maybe, 5 years??), but I am still loyal. He's like almost 40, and still really hot.

2 comments:

Chubbers said...

I'd point out that Just Lose It didn't come out till around sophomore year-ish, but then that might show that I'm obsessed.

coni said...

haha ok fine changing the timeline, yea I wasn't sure... maybe I had another song memorized